Table of Contents
Parent Code of Conduct #
- We will adhere to the rules and policies outlined in this Club Handbook and Code of Conduct.
- We acknowledge that any violation of this Code of Conduct could result in our removal from VC United events or tournaments as well as our child’s suspension or termination from the VC United program.
- We will never approach a Head Coach or member of VC United’s staff in regards to playing time or the team’s performance at Scrimmages/Leagues/Tournaments.
- We will never approach a line judge, official or scorekeeper before, during or after a match.
- We will remember that the game is for the players, not adults.
- We will learn the rules of the game and the policies of VC United.
- We (and our guests) will be positive role models for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event. COVID-19 Response: This includes following all posted guidelines and respecting the rules related to COVID-19 of host facilities that we enter.
- We will not encourage or participate in any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well-being of the athletes. COVID-19 Response: This includes not attending events if we have any signs or symptoms related to COVID-19.
- We will demand a sports environment for our child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and we will refrain from their use at all VC United events.
- We will demand that our child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- We will refrain from coaching our child or other players during games and practices, unless designated as an official coach of the team.
- We (the parent/guardian) agree to handle any and all complaints in a professional manner and will observe the 48 hour policy before contacting the club. All problems should be addressed to the Technical Director. Do NOT contact your child’s head coach. They will not respond per our Coach Code of Conduct.
Procedure to Resolve Issues #
- Step 1: Athlete meets with Head Coach to discuss concerns; If unable to resolve, then…
- Step 2: Athlete meets with Technical Director to discuss concerns; If unable to resolve, then…
- Step 3: Technical Director communicates with parents of player and player’s Head Coach; If unable to resolve, then…
- Step 4: Technical Director, player, Head Coach and parents meet; If unable to resolve, then…
- Step 5: Executive Director, Technical Director, player, Head Coach and parents meet…