- Season Start Date
- Important Dates
- Program Overview
- Important Links/Information
- Initial Eligibility
- Uniform Order/Delivery
- Required Memberships
- Practice Schedules
- Tournament Schedules
- Technical Director
- Coaching Staff
- Team Selection Process
- How Will We Communicate?
- Optional Performance Training (Oak Performance)
Season Start Date #
First practice dates for age groups are listed below:
- U10, U11, U12, U13, U14 – Tuesday, November 29th
- U15, U16 – Thursday, December 1st
Important Dates #
- Sunday, November 13th – Season Kick-Off
- Week of November 28th – Practice Begins
- Saturday, December 24th – Sunday, January 2nd – Holiday Break (No Practice)
- Weekend of January 8th – Tournaments Begin
- Tuesday, January 17th – Media/Picture Day (U10-U14)
- Thursday, January 19th – Media/Picture Day (U15-U16)
- Friday, January 20th – Media/Picture Make-Ups (U10-U16)
- March 18th-19th – Season-Ending Event
Program Overview #
Click Here to view the 2022-23 slideshow that was presented at the Season Kick-Off Meeting on Sunday, November 13th
Purpose of Regional Program #
A reminder that the Regional in our Fundamental Development Program. Girls’ Regional Teams are an ideal starting point for middle school and high school players looking to get started with club volleyball. Practices are spent working on individual skills with an emphasis on team play in a fun, positive environment.
Players only commit to 2 days/week of volleyball including both practices and tournaments.
- U10 – 1 Team (101 Regional)
- U11 – 1 Team (111 Regional)
- U12 – 2 Teams (121 Regional, 122 Regional)
- U13 – 4 Teams (131 Regional, 132 Regional, 133 Regional, 134 Regional)
- U14 – 3 Teams (141 Regional, 142 Regional, 143 Regional)
- U15 – 3 Teams (151 Regional, 152 Regional, 153 Regional)
- U16 – 2 Teams (161 Regional, 162 Regional)
Important Links/Information #
- Program Home Page – Access for program details and team links
- Club Resources – Includes Club Handbook (policies), Codes of Conduct, Travel Information, & more
- PlayMetrics Dashboard – Access your PlayMetrics Account to view schedule, directions, team chat, & more.
- LeagueApps Dashboard – For those that tried out in July, access LeagueApps to manage your payments
- Team Pages – Access team pages on our website for a public view of roster and schedule information
Initial Eligibility #
- Step 1 -Register and Enroll in Auto-Pay on PlayMetrics
All families MUST register, sign agreements, and enroll in Auto-Pay (goto PlayMetrics)
- Step 2 -Review the Club Handbook in its entirety
We ask that our families understand our rules and procedures. Use this as a resource for questions (view now)
- Step 3 – Order Your Uniform From Official Mizuno Store
This must be done by the deadline to ensure delivery for first tournaments (see below)
- Step 4 – Complete any mandatory Membership
NOTHING to do for Regional players as they will play under JVA Membership (see below)
- Step 5 – Submit mandatory forms to admin office
Forms will be submitted online via a link sent out by our administrative team (see below)
Uniform Order/Delivery #
Place Uniform Order #
In order to be eligible to start the season you must order your official Mizuno Uniform package at https://vcunitedgirlsnovember2022.itemorder.com/shop/home/
- July Tryouts – Deadline: TBA
- October Tryouts – Deadline: TBA
- November Tryouts – Deadline: Thursday, November 17th
Non-Decorated Items Delivery #
Non-Decorated items (shoes, kneepads, arm sleeves, etc.) are schedule to ship after the store closes and will go directly to your home. We anticipate late November/early December.
Decorated (Printed) Items Delivery #
Decorated items (hoodies, fan gear, backpacks, etc.) are scheduled to ship to the decorator in late November. Once completed they will ship directly to your home in mid-December.
Practice T-Shirts & Custom Jerseys Delivery #
Practice T-Shirts and Mizuno’s custom jerseys will be distributed by our coaching staff at practice in the month of December.
Required Memberships #
JVA Membership #
REQUIRED for all players PRIOR to starting practice the week of November 28th; Purchased by VC United (nothing for you to do!)
Required Forms #
JVA Forms Submit the REQUIRED forms online. Be sure to select VC United as your club.
Practice Schedules #
|U10 Regional||Sun – 6pm-8pm||Tue – 5pm-7pm|
|U11 Regional||Sun – 6pm-8pm||Tue – 5pm-7pm|
|U12 Regional||Sun – 6pm-8pm||Tue – 5pm-7pm|
|U13 Regional||Sun – 6pm-8pm||Tue – 5pm-7pm|
|U14 Regional||Sun – 6pm-8pm||Tue – 5pm-7pm|
|U15 Regional||Sun – 6pm-8pm||Thu – 5pm-7pm|
|U10 Regional||Sun – 6pm-8pm||Thu – 5pm-7pm|
Tournament Schedules #
Click on the links below to view the schedule for the age group/team your daughter is playing on.
- U10 Regional (Teams: 101 Regional)
- U11 Regional (Teams: 111 Regional)
- U12 Regional (Teams: 121 Regional, 122 Regional)
- U13 Regional (Teams: 131 Regional, 132 Regional, 133 Regional, 134 Regional)
- U14 Regional (Teams: 141 Regional, 142 Regional, 143 Regional)
- U15 Regional (Teams: 151 Regional, 152 Regional, 153 Regional)
- U16 Regional (Teams: 161 Regional, 162 Regional)
Tournament Series Links #
- Mizuno Challenge Series – Hosted By VC United
- Mizuno March Mania – Hosted by NetLynx Sports
Travel Information #
The Mizuno Challenge Series is played at VC United so no travel or overnight accommodations should be required. The Mizuno March Mania event is a 2-day tournament in the Wisconsin Dells and will require overnight stay.
Players are strongly encouraged to wait until teams are formed to book hotel accommodations. We suggest creating a team discussion around where the team would like to stay. While this is NOT REQUIRED it is recommended to enhance the experience for the players on the team.
Hotel information (and booking) for March Mania can be found at https://app.eventconnect.io/events/22315/hotels?nav=hidden
Technical Director #
Jennifer Charles took over the Girls’ Regional Program during the 2020 season. A former collegiate player (Western Illinois), Jen is currently the Varsity coach at Sycamore HS and has over 15 years of club coaching experience.
Coaching Staff #
While we have our coaching staff lined up for the season, we are finalizing scheduling as well as matching coaches to the appropriate age groups, team rosters as the season nears. We will announce our coaching staff here. Contact information will be available inside the PlayMetrics app.
|Team||Age Group||Head Coach|
|101 Regional||U10 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|111 Regional||U11 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|121 Regional||U12 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|122 Regional||U12 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|131 Regional||U13 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|132 Regional||U13 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|133 Regional||U13 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|134 Regional||U13 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|141 Regional||U14 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|142 Regional||U14 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|143 Regional||U14 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|151 Regional||U15 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|152 Regional||U15 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|153 Regional||U15 Regional||Coming Soon!|
|161 Regional||U16 Regional||Coming Soon!|
Team Selection Process #
Final rosters will be formed after the first 2-3 weeks of practice in December. A few notes about the process:
- Teams are ranked at VC United; meaning rosters are determined competitively through evaluation at practice
- We will NOT discuss placement after the rosters are finalized. We ask that you and your daughter trust our process and give the team placement an opportunity to play out.
- The objective of team placement is to put each player in the best position possible to compete for playing time and to advance/develop as a player. There are many factors involved and the process is both exhaustive and comprehensive.
- Requests to be placed with a players’ friend(s) or family member(s) are generally not honored. If all parties agree in writing to such a placement it will only be done on the “lowest” team that a player requesting such placement is selected to. We will not “bump” a player that has earned a spot from a higher team for this type of request.
How Will We Communicate? #
The below list will better explain what to expect regarding communication throughout the season:
- General Information (Club) We will use e-mail and PlayMetrics notification to pass along club or program-wide information.
- Team Information (Coach) – Team information will come from both our Head Coach and Technical Director. They will exclusively use the PlayMetrics notification system and the Team Chat to pass along information.
- Scheduling (Coach) – All scheduling will be done in PlayMetrics
- Weather Cancellations (Club) – We will use PlayMetrics notifications for any weather cancellations or weather updates
- Tournament Information (Coach) – Our coaching staff will update their teams with tournament specific information using the PlayMetrics app.
- Uniform Updates (Mizuno) – All uniform related updates will come via email directly from Mizuno. VC United does not receive those notifications as they go directly to the parent.
Optional Performance Training (Oak Performance) #
Adam Lane, owner of Oak Performance, and VC United’s strength coach has put together a comprehensive OPTIONAL program for our Girls’ Regional players to participate in this season. Please use the information below to view the presentation he provided at the Season Kick-Off Meeting and review the registration information.
4 Months of Training
4:00-5:00pm – Prior to your Tuesday or Thursday practice
– or choose 2 days –
Monday – Friday
4:00-5:00pm or 5:00-6:00pm
$180 – 1x/Week
$350 – 2x/Week