- Season Start Date
- Important Dates
- Program Overview
- Important Links/Information
- Initial Eligibility
- Uniform Order/Delivery
- Required Memberships
- Practice Schedules
- Tournament Schedules
- Technical Director
- Coaching Staff
- Team Selection Process
- How Will We Communicate?
- Optional Performance Training (Oak Performance)
Season Start Date #
First practice dates for age groups are listed below:
- U12, U13, U14 – Wednesday, November 30th
- U15, U16, U17, U18 – Wednesday, November 30th
Important Dates #
- Sunday, November 13th – Season Kick-Off
- Week of November 28th – Practice Begins
- Saturday, December 24th – Sunday, January 2nd – Holiday Break (No Practice)
- Weekend of January 8th – Tournaments Begin (Varies By Team)
- Wednesday, January 18th – Media/Picture Day (U12-U18)
- Friday, January 20th – Media/Picture Make-Ups (U12-U18)
- March 27th – April 2nd – Spring Break (No Practice)
- April 8th-9th – Easter Weekend (No Tournaments)
- April 15th-16th – Season-Ending Event (U12/U14/U16)
- April 22nd-23rd – Season-Ending Event (U13/U15/U17/U18)
Program Overview #
Click Here to view the 2022-23 slideshow that was presented at the Season Kick-Off Meeting on Sunday, November 13th
Purpose of Premier Program #
A reminder that the Premier Program is our Scholastic Development Program. The Girls’ Premier Program is designed for advanced players focused on excelling in their middle school or high school programs.
- U12 – 2 Teams (121 Premier, 122 Premier)
- U13 – 3 Teams (131 Premier, 132 Premier)
- U14 – 3 Teams (141 Premier, 142 Premier, 143 Premier)
- U15 – 5 Teams (151 Premier, 152 Premier, 153 Premier, 154 Premier, 155 Premier)
- U16 – 7 Teams (161 Premier, 162 Premier, 163 Premier, 164 Premier, 165 Premier, 166 Premier, 167 Premier)
- U17 – 6 Teams (171 Premier, 172 Premier, 173 Premier, 174 Premier, 175 Premier, 176 Premier)
- U18 – 2 Teams (181 Premier, 182 Premier)
Important Links/Information #
- Program Home Page – Access for program details and team links
- Club Resources – Includes Club Handbook (policies), Codes of Conduct, Travel Information, & more
- PlayMetrics Dashboard – Access your PlayMetrics Account to view schedule, directions, team chat, & more.
- LeagueApps Dashboard – For those that tried out in July, access LeagueApps to manage your payments
- Team Pages – Access team pages on our website for a public view of roster and schedule information
Initial Eligibility #
- Step 1 -Register and Enroll in Auto-Pay on PlayMetrics
All families MUST register, sign agreements, and enroll in Auto-Pay (goto PlayMetrics)
- Step 2 -Review the Club Handbook in its entirety
We ask that our families understand our rules and procedures. Use this as a resource for questions (view now)
- Step 3 – Order Your Uniform From Official Mizuno Store
This must be done by the deadline to ensure delivery for first tournaments (see below)
- Step 4 – Complete any mandatory Membership
NOTHING to do for Regional players as they will play under JVA Membership (see below)
- Step 5 – Submit mandatory forms to admin office
Forms will be submitted online via a link sent out by our administrative team (see below)
Uniform Order/Delivery #
Place Uniform Order #
In order to be eligible to start the season you must order your official Mizuno Uniform package at https://vcunitedgirlsnovember2022.itemorder.com/shop/home/
- July Tryouts – Deadline: TBA
- October Tryouts – Deadline: TBA
- November Tryouts – Deadline: Thursday, November 17th
Non-Decorated Items Delivery #
Non-Decorated items (shoes, kneepads, arm sleeves, etc.) are schedule to ship after the store closes and will go directly to your home. We anticipate late November/early December.
Decorated (Printed) Items Delivery #
Decorated items (hoodies, fan gear, backpacks, etc.) are scheduled to ship to the decorator in late November. Once completed they will ship directly to your home in mid-December.
Practice T-Shirts & Custom Jerseys Delivery #
Practice T-Shirts and Mizuno’s custom jerseys will be distributed by our coaching staff at practice in the month of December.
Required Memberships #
JVA Membership #
REQUIRED for all players PRIOR to starting practice the week of November 28th; Purchased by VC United (nothing for you to do!)
Required Forms #
JVA Forms Submit the REQUIRED forms online. Be sure to select VC United as your club.
Practice Schedules #
|U12 Premier||Wed – 5pm-7pm||Fri – 5pm-7pm|
|U13 Premier||Wed – 5pm-7pm||Fri – 5pm-7pm|
|U14 Premier||Wed – 5pm-7pm||Fri – 5pm-7pm|
|U15 Premier||Wed – 7pm-9pm||Fri – 7pm-9pm|
|U16 Premier||Wed – 7pm-9pm||Fri – 7pm-9pm|
|U17 Premier||Wed – 7pm-9pm||Fri – 7pm-9pm|
|U18 Premier||Wed – 7pm-9pm||Fri – 7pm-9pm|
Tournament Schedules #
Click on the links below to view the schedule for the age group/team your daughter is playing on.
- U12 Premier (Teams: 121 Premier, 122 Premier)
- U13 Premier (Teams: 131 Premier, 132 Premier)
- U14 Premier (Teams: 141 Premier, 142 Premier, 143 Premier, 144 Premier)
- U15 Premier (Teams: 151 Premier, 152 Premier, 153 Premier, 154 Premier, 155 Premier)
- U16 Premier (Teams: 161 Premier, 162 Premier, 163 Premier, 164 Premier, 165 Premier, 166 Premier, 167 Premier)
- U17 Premier (Teams: 171 Premier, 172 Premier, 173 Premier, 174 Premier, 175 Premier, 176 Premier)
- U18 Premier (Teams: 182 Premier)
- U18 Elite/Premier (Teams: 181 Premier)
Tournament Series Links #
- Chicago Volleyball League – Hosted By Illinois Event Series
- C3 Championships – Hosted By Illinois Event Series
- Mizuno Diggin’ In The Dells – Hosted by NetLynx Sports
Travel Information #
The Chicago Volleyball League and the C3 Championships are played at Top Flight (Elgin), Sky High (Libertyville), and VC United so no travel or overnight accommodations should be required. The Mizuno Diggin’ in the Dells event is a 2-day tournament in the Wisconsin Dells and will require overnight stay.
Players are strongly encouraged to wait until teams are formed to book hotel accommodations. We suggest creating a team discussion around where the team would like to stay. While this is NOT REQUIRED it is recommended to enhance the experience for the players on the team.
Hotel information (and booking) for Diggin’ in the Dells can be found at:
- April 15-16 – https://app.eventconnect.io/events/22316/hotels?nav=hidden
- April 22-23 – https://app.eventconnect.io/events/22317/hotels?nav=hidden
Technical Director #
Amber is a Nebraska native and played both professionally (Germany) and collegiately (University of Nebraska). Known for her knowledge of the game and her organizational skills, Amber will be a great addition to the Premier program this season!
Coaching Staff #
While we have our coaching staff lined up for the season, we are finalizing scheduling as well as matching coaches to the appropriate age groups, team rosters as the season nears. We will announce our coaching staff here. Contact information will be available inside the PlayMetrics app.
|Team||Age Group||Head Coach|
|121 Premier||U12 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|122 Premier||U12 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|131 Premier||U13 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|132 Premier||U13 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|141 Premier||U14 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|142 Premier||U14 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|143 Premier||U14 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|151 Premier||U15 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|152 Premier||U15 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|153 Premier||U15 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|154 Premier||U15 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|155 Premier||U15 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|161 Premier||U16 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|162 Premier||U16 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|163 Premier||U16 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|164 Premier||U16 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|164 Premier||U16 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|165 Premier||U16 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|166 Premier||U16 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|167 Premier||U16 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|171 Premier||U17 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|172 Premier||U17 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|173 Premier||U17 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|174 Premier||U17 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|175 Premier||U17 Premier||Coming Soon!|
|181 Premier||U18 Elite/Premier||Coming Soon!|
|182 Premier||U18 Premier||Coming Soon!|
Team Selection Process #
Final rosters will be formed after the first 2-3 weeks of practice in December. A few notes about the process:
- Teams are ranked at VC United; meaning rosters are determined competitively through evaluation at practice
- We will NOT discuss placement after the rosters are finalized. We ask that you and your daughter trust our process and give the team placement an opportunity to play out.
- The objective of team placement is to put each player in the best position possible to compete for playing time and to advance/develop as a player. There are many factors involved and the process is both exhaustive and comprehensive.
- Requests to be placed with a players’ friend(s) or family member(s) are generally not honored. If all parties agree in writing to such a placement it will only be done on the “lowest” team that a player requesting such placement is selected to. We will not “bump” a player that has earned a spot from a higher team for this type of request.
How Will We Communicate? #
The below list will better explain what to expect regarding communication throughout the season:
- General Information (Club) We will use e-mail and PlayMetrics notification to pass along club or program-wide information.
- Team Information (Coach) – Team information will come from both our Head Coach and Technical Director. They will exclusively use the PlayMetrics notification system and the Team Chat to pass along information.
- Scheduling (Coach) – All scheduling will be done in PlayMetrics
- Weather Cancellations (Club) – We will use PlayMetrics notifications for any weather cancellations or weather updates
- Tournament Information (Coach) – Our coaching staff will update their teams with tournament specific information using the PlayMetrics app.
- Uniform Updates (Mizuno) – All uniform related updates will come via email directly from Mizuno. VC United does not receive those notifications as they go directly to the parent.
Optional Performance Training (Oak Performance) #
Adam Lane, owner of Oak Performance, and VC United’s strength coach has put together a comprehensive OPTIONAL program for our Girls’ Premier players to participate in this season. Please use the information below to view the presentation he provided at the Season Kick-Off Meeting and review the registration information.
5 Months of Training – Sessions will run opposite vB practice on Wed & Fri
6-7pm for HIGH SCHOOL
7-8pm for MIDDLE SCHOOL
$500 – Paid in Full -or- $115/Month for 5 months