VC United's Academy is designed to offer club programming and training for small communities surrounding VC United with the multi-sport athlete in mind.
It has been our goal to "Grow The Game" by expanding VC United's reach through our Academy program. This program is designed to offer training (club programs, camps/clinics, lessons, youth programs, etc.) at locations that would allow multi-sport athletes and players new to club to get started with VC United close to home.
As the Academy Director, Sitze will oversee each Academy location. She will provide on-site administrative support, management support for the Technical Directors, secure practice facilities, secure coaching staff and ensure that the VC United core values and vision are fully implemented in each location.
Prior to arriving at VC United, Sitze was the Owner/Club Director at PowerUp after starting the club in 2010. In 2015, she earned USAV Iowa Region's Outstanding Program Director Award. As women's Head Coach at Rockford University, her team was ranked 3rd in the nation for blocking. She also was the Head Coach for the Oregon High School program for 9 years, winning 7 regional championships, 5 conference titles, and 1 sectional title. Christy's favorite thing to do is to spend time with her family and cook.
Fundamental Player Development
Girls' Academy Teams are an ideal starting point for middle school and high school players looking to get started with club volleyball. Practices are spent working on individual skills with an emphasis on team play in a fun, positive environment. Academy teams compete against other regional-based club programs at competitive events and do not travel overnight.
The Academy Program accepts all players (assuming we have the numbers to do so at tryouts) and tryouts are simply used to evaluate and group athletes by age and/or skill level. Academy Teams compete in 5 single day tournaments at the PowerUp Series in Rockford.
All players accepting spots in the Academy Program will be required to compete in the Mizuno Cup (Sportscore II - Rockford) at the end of the season.
Information Updated on 9/10/2019
U10-U18 Acceptance Fee: $200 | Season Dues: $600
*See Season Information Packet for details.
- Age Groups: Anticipated Teams: 10-1, 11-1, 12-1, 12-2, 13-1, 13-2, 13-3, 14-1, 14-2, 15-1, 15-2, 16-1, 17-1, 18-1U10-U18
- Academy Program will have 2 Team practices (Sun/Wed) per week.2 Practices/Week
- Academy Program will compete in the 5 Single Day Events (PowerUp Series) and 1 Season-Ending Event (Mizuno Cup) all in the Rockford areaAcademy Tournament Schedule
- All tournament entry fees are included in the dues.ALL Tournament Entry Fees
- As part of their dues, players will receive a Mizuno Hoodie, three practice shirts and kneepads. In addition, Academy Program players will purchase necessary items for the Academy Uniform Package.Base Mizuno Package
- 1101 Jefferson St, Oregon, IL 61061Blackhawk Center (Oregon, IL)
- 1100 Jefferson St, Oregon, IL 61061Oregon Elementary School